Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Old Lamp

     While digging in the dirt i found an old dirty lamp I started to wipe the dirt off when, suddenly a genie appeared and promised to grant me three wishes. I closed my eyes and rubbed them twice and opened them again because it was to unrelistic. Since the genie was real i poked my ears if i heard the genie right on granting me three wishes. I had so much things going around in my head on what my special three wishes should be.

     I picked the old lamp up quickly before it disapeared or before someone else saw it. I held the lamp close to my chest and kept it warm. My walk through the stormy desert was not that easy, but i fought my way through it. After a 1 hour walk through the wind i gave up and thought of a great idea. I rubbed the lamp very carefully under my jacket. The genie appeared and soon as it did i said my very first wish " Oh genie i'm tired of walking through this dangerous deser, so i WISH to be home by now!"

        Woke up and opened my eyes slowly and in a surprise. I was on my bed with the old lamp in my hands. I was so dizzy and had no idea what was going on. Just one minute ago I was sure I was in a stormy desert.  I looked at the lamp one more time and regained my memories from finding this lamp and now I wished to be home safely. Since I had 2 wishes left I wanted to use it more wisely. That night, I was thinking about the wish and the moment I was going to go to bed I saw a magazine ad saying the best place for family vacation is Hwawii!! That was when a brilliant idea popped into my mind. My second wich would be going on a family vacation to Hawaii! The moment I wished my dad came inside my room to announce we were going on a family vacation.

     My second day in Hawaii has been so good so far. The hot beach sand melting through my skin and the cold beach water washing it away. My sister and I were walking in the hotel lob by looking for the pool quide book. All of a sudden my sister ask me whats that old lamp I've been carrying around with me the whole time. I immediately ignored her answer and held it more together just incase my sister took it away from me. After coming back from the lobby to the poul my dad starts to compare me with my 'elder sister' and how I should be like her, I started to get so much emotions mixing and turned red. I grabbed the old lamp toward my chest and walked away. Finally when I was all alone I rubbed the lamp really gently and a hawaian themed genie came out and I said disapear. When I got back from the poul I didn't see my sister in sight and my dad was being so geneous to me. Just incase I asked my dad we did my sister go, and my dad didn't know who I was talking about and answered "What sister?" I was in shock and went blank.
 Thank god! It was a dream where I'm still on my very own bed, next time I should be more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.